A few weeks ago, my friend Katie tagged me in a blog post to share 5 things about myself. I share many of my favorite things on girlavantgarde.com, but besides my few favorite topics that I discuss again and again, I thought it would be fun to take it to another level. So without further ado, here are 5 random things about me…
1. About 75% of the time, I’m running late. If I know I have to be somewhere, I’ll force myself to get ready extra early. But then while I get ready, and know that I have extra time, I allow myself to get distracted. A phone call. A Sex and the City rerun on tv. Ahhh, it is such a problem. When Josh and I make plans, he’s started to tell me the wrong time (15-30 minutes earlier than actuality). Its worked so far! Ish.
2. I’m a nerd. A major nerd. I love to read. And when I have free time, usually in the summers, I read at least a book a week. I love getting lost in a made up world and it’s definitely less shameful than watching a Real Housewives marathon (which I have been known to have).
3. My middle name is Starr (not my last name). When I was little I was so embarrassed of it and I really wanted a normal name like Samantha or Jen. But as I grew up I started to like it more and more because it makes me a little bit different!
4. I’m afraid of every kind of insect except butterflies. I know its irrational, but I cannot stand them. I can’t kill them myself either and I may or not freak out until I get someone to kill it for me.
5. I’m terrible with any technology (other than my beloved laptop). I often have issues working our remote control (for our television). I think I’ve broken my printer 3 times. I haven’t broken my camera ever but I always think I did, then I remember to turn it on.
Thanks for tagging me, Katie! And now I want to know, what are five things about you: Amy, Hitha, Lucy, and Mara? And also, my readers, please share some funny things about yourself in the comments below!